Audiobooks for Health & Wellness Content
Audiobooks have allowed me to get through so much more health and wellness content than I thought possible, all while working, doing a part-time Masters degree and making this site!
Betterback Posture Support
I recommend better back for the following simple reasons:
- It’s discreet enough to take to the office and start improving your posture right away.
- It’s all so small and packable and lightweight so you can literally take it anywhere without hassle or fuss.
- It comes within a few days of ordering so you can immediately start to reduce the low back pain you are feeling instead of waiting to get signed off for prescribed any help from your employer in a lengthy administrative process.
- It’s very simple to use and has all the instructions on the card that comes with it so you can start right away and worry about watching endless hours of YouTube videos or trawling the internet for further advice on back pain and sitting properly at your desk.
Deskbound Book by Dr Kelly Starrett
- Practical exercises and advice for aches, pains and issues related to desk-based work
- Gives you all the info you need to start making practical changes to your work routine and habits to feel better and move more freely right away
- Dr Kelly Starrett is an expert in the field of mobility
- A former #1 Bestseller on Amazon in Exercise & Fitness
Fantastic tool for upper body pain relief comma specifically for the following reasons:
- Easily Massage Your Neck & Shoulders on your own or with help from someone else
- Ultra lightweight small so you can keep in your bag or on your desk at work, or anywhere you like
- No instructions necessary, just start rolling around pain points and feel where you need to go, trying different angles until it works
- Hard-wearing due to heavy duty construction and minimal parts so it will last a long time and is fine for being carried around with bumps and knocks
Sleep Smarter (book)
This book has quickly shot it’s way to the top of my reading list because:
- It is available on as an audiobook, which is what I have, so anyone in a hurry can put it on their smartphone, or any other device, and listen to it on the move
- Improving sleep is one of the most effective ways to improve quality of life and health
- Practical tips on getting the most out of your night sleep and becoming more productive the following day
- It balances health advice with real life stories without ever going to heavy for both down, keeping a light-hearted tone throughout
This has recently become indispensable for me when working at my desk. It helps:
- During my breaks (when working from home!) as I have a quick roll to relieve tension in my back and instantly feel better
- For recovery after exercise, especially if you feel tight in your legs or upper body as it massages the tissue to loosen you up fast
- Can be used anywhere with a flat floor – I don’t personally use it at the office but there’s no reason why it couldn’t be done!
- Is quick and easy to use: lay it down then lie down and roll – simple!
- As part of any daily workout or mobility exercises (something which Deskbound, the book mentioned above, strongly recommends)
Feel chained to your desk? Snacking to pass the time?
Sign up below to get my weekly articles straight to your inbox.
No spam, no BS - just pure inspiration to help you stay motivated and thrive at your 9 to 5!